Did you know?
- 85% of respondents to a survey of managers reported conflict occurred on a regular and constant basis in their organization.
Center for Creative
- The typical manager spends 25-40% of his/her time dealing with workplace conflicts. That's one to two days of every work week.
- It is estimated that more than 65% of performance problems result from strained relationships between employees, not from deficits in employees' skill or motivation.
- Ernst & Young reports that the cost of losing and replacing an employee may be as high as 150% of the departing employee's annual salary.
- Perspective taking — trying to understand the other person's point of view — is the most effective behavior in helping to resolve conflict.
Center for Conflict
Dynamics at Eckerd